Join us on a yearlong reading adventure!
Win prizes! Read more, read deeper, read bigger, read wider. Read funnier, more fantastical, more factual! Challenge yourself to broaden your bookshelf and read boldly where you’ve never read before!
Join us Friday, July 15, 4-8 pm for the
First Ever Broaden Your Bookshelf Read-In!
Live and in person at the shop! We will have cozy spaces around the store for reading and an area for socializing in the gallery! There will also be food and drinks!
Fill your dance card with books you want to read, share the quotes you found in your reading, and make buttons to show your BONANZA SPIRIT!
Quarter 3 prompts are out now! We have 19 new prompts to inspire you (and the possibility of reading more from Q1 & Q2). Use the prompts to broaden your bookshelf by choosing the ones that will challenge you to read genres or authors you don't usually read or to explore new places, times, and ideas. Start your spring reading adventure today!
You can begin any time. Sign up now.
What is the Broaden Your Bookshelf Bonanza?
- 20 Prompts per quarter. You choose the ones you like best!
- Set your own reading goals. Each book read and logged enters a raffle.
- Quarterly prizes for active participants. Each reading log form submitted is an entry into the quarterly Broad Bookshelf raffle. (Look out for other prize categories as we go!)
- Grand Prize – a personally curated shelf’s worth of books (valued $220) tailored to your reading enthusiasms! – plus a prize for the Perks Club member who has bought the most books for the Bonanza AND runner up prizes awarded in January 2023.
- Regular book challenge newsletter to cheer you on & inspire your next choices.
- Special social media challenges, too. Tag us #broadenyourbookshelf on Instagram and Twitter.
- An end-of-Bonanza party for all participants! (If we can gather safely.)
How to participate?
- Sign up using this form, or come into the store.
- Log your reading using this form, or come into the store. In your log entries, you can recommend books and tell us about your reading. We'll share your tips with other Broaden Your Bookshelf participants.
- Post about your reading on social media! Take photos. Review books. Be sure to tag @Loganberrybooks #broadenyourbookshelf
- Tell your friends and get them to play along too!
Quarter 3 Reading Prompts
||Read a book by a local author (Author Alley is in August!)
||Read a book that has to do with books or libraries
||Read a book set at a school
||Read an Americana book
||Read the book that has been on your TBR the longest
||Read a book related to current events
||Read a book related to water
||Read a book with trees in the title or on the cover
||Read a book set in the Southern Hemisphere (where it is winter now)
||Read a book no one would ever expect YOU to pick up
||Read a book about travel or exploration
||Read a book with berries or fruit on the cover
||Read a non-traditional Western
||Buddy Read! Read a book with someone
||Read a Science Fiction book
||Read a book with multiple POV
||Read a book from a prompt you didn't get to in Quarter 1 or Quarter 2
Log your reading here. Every book logged is an entry to win prizes at the end of October!
Where in the world are we reading?
We are reading farther and farther and our map is growing! Explore the map for book recommendations!
(Because the map is limited to terrestrial locations, you will find all extraterrestrial and fantastical settings pinned in Antarctica. Wouldn't it be fun if they were all actually hidden there?)
EXTRA CHALLENGE: READ MORE BOOKS SET IN SOUTH AMERICA AND AFRICA! Help us balance the map!
Log your reading using this form
Sign up, read, log your reading, post about your reading.
Discover new books, new authors, new experiences, new ideas. Meet fellow readers near and far. Win prizes.